SC - Re:Torta de melones

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 7 19:56:04 PST 2001

And it came to pass on 7 Feb 01, , that Vincent Cuenca wrote:

> >Well, i almost finished a translation, but Vincent posted his before
> >i completed it.

> Oh, please go ahead and post it!  Just because I did one real fast
> dosn't mean you can't post now.  Yours will most probably read
> differently from mine.  I am minded of a few months back when Ly.
> Brighid and I posted translations of the same recipe.  They sorta
> matched, but not really.  It's always a good thing to see what
> word choices another translator uses.

I second that.  This isn't a race, after all.  And it *is* good to see
how someone else handles the same text.  There is no One Right
Translation.  I think of this as being similar to the redaction
challenges that have happened on this list in the past -- someone
posts an original period recipe, and a bunch of people suggest
redactions.

I'll post some more stuff for people to play with, and I hope that
anyone who reads Spanish will join in the fun.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
now at a new address: rcmann4 at earthlink.net