SC - Gulf Wars SCA-Cooks pot luck

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Feb 7 23:09:19 PST 2001

I am trying to arrange with Master Erik who is in charge of classes
at this year's Gulf War's to get a tent for an SCA-Cooks pot luck
get-together like we did last year.

Right now I am requesting either Thursday (first choice) or Wednesday
(second choice) at 6pm. Comments?

If you are interested and will be at Gulf Wars, please let me know so
I have an idea of how many folks to plan for.

As in the past, I don't think this should be limited to those on this
list, although it is oriented to those folks. I consider it open to
any who have an interest in period cooking.

Unfortunately, the Gulf Wars website listed February 7 as the deadline
for getting information into the War booklet. The actual deadline was
February 1. It also had two different, non-working email addresses
listed for Master Erik. :-(

Because of this, my class will not be in the booklet either. I will
again be teaching my hands-on pewter casting class using carved
soapstone molds. I will be teaching the class twice, each class
consisting of two sessions on two different days. Right now, it
looks like one on Tuesday and Wednesday and one on Thursday and
Friday. The class fee will be $3 and bring any small tools, picks,
screwdrivers, scribes you have to carve the stone.

If you are interested in the classes, let me know and I'll put you
on a list and send you more info when things are finalized.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net