SC - new/old Speculum article

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 01:42:52 PST 2001

Following on from Puck's discovery - last week I came across a really great
resource for those (like me) without access to either a good library or
friendly librarian - the University of Heidelburg Library, which has loads
of different magazines including Speculum and Medium Aevum, sells articles
over the Internet and sends them via mail, fax, and electronically.

I ordered the "A medieval Sauce Book" article (Thorndike, L. "A medieval
sauce-book" Speculum 9 1934) and Scully's commentary on it  (Scully, T. "The
'Opusculum Sporibus' of Magninus Mediolanensis"  Medium Aevum LIV 1985) on
the Wednesday and got notification of where to download them from on the
Friday. It cost me about US $7.50 or UKP 5.00.

Needless to say I am a very happy girl!
<Lucrezia does the Happy Hamster Dance>

Ordering forms and information are supplied in English and you can pay by
credit card over the net. Here's the URL:

http://ssgs.uni-hd.de.

Al Servizio Vostro, e del Sogno
Lucrezia

Lady Lucrezia-Isabella di Freccia   |  mka Tina Nevin
Thamesreach Shire, The Isles, Drachenwald | London, UK
thorngrove at yahoo.com | http://www.geocities.com/thorngrove
"There is no doubt that great leaders prefer hard drinkers to good
versifiers" - Aretino, 1536

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.