SC - Feast hall lighting (wasRe: under cooked chicken)

Michael Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Thu Feb 8 08:08:22 PST 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee-Gwen" <piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 7:15 PM
Subject: under cooked chicken (was Re: SC - alcohol revisited)

This is one of the reasons I don't like candle lit feast halls. You can't
tell if the meat is fully cooked or not. A little artificial illumination is
not a bad thing. Now I understand the need for ambience and such, but a
fully candled Chandelier provided as much light as some lower watt bulbs do
now.  Food poisioning is not a fun thing to endure.  I was unfortunate
enough to suffer through this after a feast in Calontir. It only happened
once, most Calontir and I am sure SCA in General feast are poison free.

Thorbjorn