SC - Asparagus smell

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:42:17 PST 2001

> >This also explains why some folks are more of
> >fended by the smell of someone who has had a heavy garlicky dinner, while
>others
>don't seem to notice
>
>Interesting... I never knew that garlic would also produce a urine odor.
>I've
>smelled it on my skin a day after eating a kiiller garlic meal, but never
>in
>urine.  I seem to recall hearing that broccoli did the same.  Now, I know
>the
>asparagus odor very well (I eat asparagus like it's going out of style.)
>But,
>I also eat loads of broccoli and garlic.  I wonder if the genes that either
>create the odor or permit you to smell it are different for different
>substances?
>  That seems unneccisarily specialized, but ya never know!
>
>-Magdalena vander Brugghe

Does this also apply to perfume?  Some folks put sooo much on it makes your
eyes water, but they don't seem to smell it.  I thought that if they would
simply rotate application of perfume to differnt locations of the body or
clothing that the wearer could smell it and so use a more moderate amount.
Olwen