SC - Mongolian Cookbook... Period?

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Thu Feb 8 14:38:58 PST 2001

- --MS_Mac_OE_3064498738_5573771_MIME_Part

Anahita uge-ber:

Just got this in a message from Jessica's Biscuit, cookbook vendors
http://www.ecookbooks.com

This is not an endorsement, since i have not seen the book... just
wondered if anyone knew anything about it... May just be another of
those ethnic cookbooks that claims ancient heritage without any
actual really old recipes...

Anahita

- -----

I think it may be the latter. I've been trying to find period Mongolian
recipes for a long time now.  I've got quite a few dishes squirreled away in
various corners in my tiny room The only dish I have mention of in a period
text is the buttered tea. Even the Khorkhog, one of my favorite things to
make at camping events, is only listed in my documentation as a traditional
Mongolian festival dish, but provides no dates. Since the technique is so
simple, I make a leap of faith and assume it was done in period.

I've just recently started an information exchange with a Mongolian
university student, and will share what I get out of it to everyone else
interested in period Mongolian cooking.

- --MS_Mac_OE_3064498738_5573771_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: SC - Mongolian Cookbook... Period?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Anahita uge-ber:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><TT>Just got this in a message from Jessica's Biscuit, cookbook=
 vendors<BR>
http://www.ecookbooks.com<BR>
<BR>
This is not an endorsement, since i have not seen the book... just <BR>
wondered if anyone knew anything about it... May just be another of <BR>
those ethnic cookbooks that claims ancient heritage without any <BR>
actual really old recipes...<BR>
<BR>
Anahita<BR>
<BR>
- -----<BR>
<BR>
</TT></BLOCKQUOTE><TT>I think it may be the latter. I've been trying to fin=
d period Mongolian recipes for a long time now.  I've got quite a few d=
ishes squirreled away in various corners in my tiny room The only dish I hav=
e mention of in a period text is the buttered tea. Even the Khorkhog, one of=
 my favorite things to make at camping events, is only listed in my document=
ation as a traditional Mongolian festival dish, but provides no dates. Since=
 the technique is so simple, I make a leap of faith and assume it was done i=
n period.<BR>
<BR>
I've just recently started an information exchange with a Mongolian univers=
ity student, and will share what I get out of it to everyone else interested=
 in period Mongolian cooking.</TT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

- --MS_Mac_OE_3064498738_5573771_MIME_Part--