OT:used to be SC -veal longings

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 9 10:08:52 PST 2001

>	This is what I call the "Big Brown Eyes" theory. If it has big
>brown soulful eyes, it's not ok to use it for food.  I am a
>compleat omnivore, and fail to see why it's ok to cut a carrot
>off in midlife and not a cow.  As long as the killing is done in
>the proper spirit and with care and compassion, I don't see the
>difference.  EVERY living thing kills to live;  every breath
>slaughters bacteria, etc by the millions.
>
>	I shall refrain from the whole rant.
>
>	mkDragon

I like your line of thinking.  It's like the comeback I give to rabid
vegans who  try to embarrass me for my love of meat.  Plants must
have feelings since many studies have shown that if you play certain
kinds of music some plants die or thrive.  How can you kill the
plants?  At least I can say that I have killed/cleaned etc the meat I
have eaten.

Anecdotely though, I have an Aunt who wouldn't eat any of the bacon
or hams we had given her because she had seen the pigs and she didn't
want to eat something she had met.  Silly isn't it?

	Angeline