"Done" meats was: RE: SC - alcohol revisited

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Feb 9 13:08:01 PST 2001

> Maybe some cooks will fail to check more than one bird, or over-fill pans,
> but I think it's more likely that people today are just instilled with fear
> about everything they put into their mouth! Let's worry more about
> cross-contamination of ingredients and proper dish- and handwashing in the
> kitchen; I think we'd have a lot fewer problems.

BTW: the undercooked food that I had seen in the case I referred to was
sausages, which I would consider a definite possible problem.

Don't underestimate the possibility that people simply dislike chicken
that is cooked so that it has pink bits, and have seized on the salmonella
scare to justify this. Food service chicken, for instance, is notorious
for being pink near the bone, and also being, well, unappetizing.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Our kingdom is a garden and such gardens are not made/By singing "Oh how
beautiful!" and sitting in the shade..." --Kipling, "Glory of the Garden"