SC - oven temperatures

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 10 06:42:16 PST 2001

And it came to pass on 9 Feb 01, , that Stefan li Rous wrote:

> What I found out is that my oven thermostat is almost right on, within
> a few degrees. However, more startling to me, was just how looong it
> takes for even a gas oven to reach the set temperature. I was expecting
> about five minutes or so. Not so. To reach 350 or 400 degrees F it
> was taking more like 15 or 20 minutes.

My electric oven takes about 20 minutes.

> So ok, now you experienced cooks may be laughing your heads off, but
> I thought some of the other folks new to cooking might find this info
> useful.

Stefan, you always ask very good questions.  There are a lot of
people on this list who are not experienced cooks, or who have
gaps in their cooking knowledge.  I still remember (with gratitude)
that a question of yours taught me the difference between white
wine vinegar and white distilled vinegar.  So don't apologize for
providing basic information.  There's always someone who needs it.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
now at a new address: rcmann4 at earthlink.net