SC - Period finger foods

AlviraMacD at aol.com AlviraMacD at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 06:41:37 PST 2001

- --part1_e.8cc5406.27baa1a1_boundary

In a message dated 2/13/01 12:13:38 AM Central Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

> I would love to hear more details on these finger foods, especially if
> they are documentably period. I have some period finger foods in the
> finger-foods-msg file in the Florilegium, but many of them are modern
> ones. I'd love to have more examples for the files as well as for my
> own possible future use.

Well, I know that there will be a cooler of roasts, sliced and rolled.  I
cooked them with a marinade of 1 part vinegar to two parts cherry juice.  The
sauce will be available for dipping.  It is my non alcoholic adaptation of
Swallenberg sauce <sp>.
Syr Andy left with it yesterday.  So you all enjoy the food and hoist one for
me and Duncan 11 of 9.  Make the toast to the future of Calontir.  The
grandson is due any day now.  Nice of the children to have their children at
easy to remember times! <g> Ariana was born during Pennsic and it looks as if
Trevor will be an Estrella baby!   Alvira

- --part1_e.8cc5406.27baa1a1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 2/13/01 12:13:38 AM Central Standard Time,