SC - Period chicken feet

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Thu Feb 15 12:56:26 PST 2001

>>I have never eaten nor probably seen chicken feet. Maybe there is not
enough meat on them to be eaten?<<

They have no real meat, Stefan.  You toss them in the stock pot to enrich
the stock and to increase the gelling capabilities of the reduced stock
when cold.

Magdalena,

If you stew the feet, wing tips, necks, etc., and freeze for stock, the
cooked feet might then go into a compost heap, a la meat bones, etc. from
cooked meat.   Cooked feet would not retain any salmonella, etc., if that
is what worries them, but I don't know it's effect on wild critters,
especially rodent types.  You could bash the bones with a sledge
hammer--tell hubby it's 'sword practice'.  ;-)

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com