SC - Chicken Feet

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 06:39:44 PST 2001

acrouss at gte.net
>writes:
>
><< To dispose of chicken feet, I really recommend throwing them away. >>
>
>Why? Chicken feet make a wonderful broth/gelatine. They can be purchaced
>seperately for just this purpose at finer food shops.
>
>Ras
>(Aghast at such waste of perfectly good food.)

I agree Ras.  Here is one way folks could try them.

Chicken Feet Soaked In Spice Soup

  INGREDIENTS
500g imported chicken feet, corianders, ginkgo nuts, cinnamon, anise,
prickly ash, pepper, ginger, salt, sugar, gourmet powder, sorghum wine

RECIPE

Scald the chicken feet in boiling water, then braise them in another pot for
5-6 minutes, soak them in cold water to cool down.
Braise the corianders, ginkgo nuts, cinnamon, anise, prickly ash, pepper to
boiling, then boil them in another pot for 6-7 minutes, take out the spices
and put in salt, sugar, gourmet powder, sorghum wine, when the soup is cool,
put in the chicken feet. Take them out after a 48-hour submersion, place
them in a dish

This recipe is from a great website at
http://www.sh.com/dish/delicacy.htm

Olwen