SC - Day Boards

Gwendolen Lambert marillian at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 07:18:33 PST 2001

Greetings:

My Canton is hosting a small event soon.  There is no feast, but we are
planning a dayboard.  My feast-o-crat gave me his proposed menu, consisting
of Beef Barley Stew, bread, cheese and honey butter.  My first thought
was... how boring!  I suggested he add some condiments and fruit, but he
didn't like that idea because he thought it was too OOP.

I have two questions:  1) Suggestions for a more interesting, yet easy to do
dayboard? and 2) How to tactfully tell the FOC his menu is too bland/common?
  I am usually very good with words, but this is sort of a case where if I
don't come right out and say, "it's boring" he may not get the hint.

Thanks!

Lady Gwendolen Lambert