SC - Period chicken feet

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Feb 16 08:58:24 PST 2001

> If you stew the feet, wing tips, necks, etc., and freeze for stock, the
> cooked feet might then go into a compost heap, a la meat bones, etc. from
> cooked meat.   Cooked feet would not retain any salmonella, etc., if that
> is what worries them, but I don't know it's effect on wild critters,
> especially rodent types.  You could bash the bones with a sledge
> hammer--tell hubby it's 'sword practice'.  ;-)

Generally if there is any meat matter on the residue, however, it is not
considered a good thing to put it on your compost heap. Meat-eating
bacteria tend to mess with the compost heap's internal flora.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Our kingdom is a garden and such gardens are not made/By singing "Oh how
beautiful!" and sitting in the shade..." --Kipling, "Glory of the Garden"