SC - gnocchi (v long)

Jane Boyko jboyko at magma.ca
Sun Feb 18 06:07:45 PST 2001

I made this recipe last year when doing a test feast of all the recipes for
Pikeman's Pleasure in Peterborough.  I ended up chosing something different
to serve in place of it as I found that it was very sticky to put into the
water and to cook the amount I needed for the feast would have taken far to
long in the kitchen I was using.  On the other hand they were delightful to
eat.  Came out as lumpy white things but were incredibly tasteful and went
well with my beef rolls (from the same text-just don't have the reference
at the moment).  I would certainly cook them at a feast if I had more stove
space to have more than one pot of boiling water on the stove and lots of
help for cooking these.  It really is useful to have two people per pot.

Marina