SC - Sodde Egges

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Feb 19 04:50:57 PST 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Going through my back digests for this list, I found this interesting
> recipe.
>
> One question though. When you say "quarter" the eggs, are we talking about
> cutting the egg across lengthwise and then each half again lengthwise? Or
> cutting in half lengthwise and then the two halves across widthwise? Or
> cutting the egg into four slices?
>
> I assume the first way, but I wanted to check.

My intuitive guess, which may be completely offbase, but is my guess
anyway, is the first. It's really the only way you can get four pieces
that show both yolk and white and which look the same.

> Also, five minutes to boil the eggs? I thought ten minutes was closer to
> what is needed for hardboiled eggs. Or are the yolks not supposed to be
> firm?

Firm, but not green rocks. Put the eggs in cold water, bring it to a
boil, and start your timer when the water starts boiling. Five minutes
should do it; they'll be firm but not tough, and firmer still when cold,
but still not tough.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy