SC - A humor question . . .

Poong sfpoong at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 19 21:29:25 PST 2001

There is something that I have been meaning to research but have not yet
had the time. I thought I would ask if anyone on this list has looked into
it. Adamantius I hope you chime in here.

The Chinese system of classifying foods (yin, yang, good to build up blood,
bad for kidney system and so on) is very old. The Western system of
classifying foods according to humors is also very old. The main purpose of
both systems is to correct any imbalance in the person eating the food.

So my question is, do Eastern and Western classifications agree? If so, in
what areas?

I think this would be easiest to see at a glance if one had a chart of
foods broken down according to both systems but I am at a loss as to where
to find such a handy reference tool. Right now, comparing would meaning
going through details in books, and I thought if anyone else had already
done it . . .

Beatrice