SC - Re: Feeding cows rose-petals

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Feb 19 22:47:42 PST 2001

Anne-Marie said:
> yes, the flavors of what the critter eats will get passed through the milk.
> It was kind of a pain when the goats got into the scrub brush creosote.
> after that, the milk was only fit for pigs and chickens.

For how long? I would think that the compounds from the creosote bush would
pass through and the milk would be back to normal a short time later. Are
you saying that after a brief exposure the milk never tasted good again?
Or did the goats continue to eat the cresote bush? Or after a taste you
were never willing to taste the goats milk after that to find out whether
it still tasted bad?

Yes, I'm definitely a city boy.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net