SC - More on 'Nef' (including a citation)

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 22 14:53:03 PST 2001

I have _Fabulous Feasts_.  The illustration on page 58 is not of a
table setting, but of some hanging cauldrons.  And the few places
where Cosman mentions a nef, or has an illustration of one, it is
clearly a ship-shaped salt-cellar, not a container for feast gear.

It's possible that this is not a case of "citation transfer", but of
"citation invention".

> I strongly suspect that this information did NOT come from C.
> Anne Wilson, or at least from no edition of _Food and Drink in
> Britain_, but from another source.
[snip]
> Fabulous Feasts appears to have come out in 1976 originally-- does someone
> have access to that edition? Please check p. 58 and see if the sketch is
> there.
>  --
> Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain