SC - Day Boards/rosebutter

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Feb 24 11:58:50 PST 2001

Chris Stanifer wrote:

> --- margali <margali at 99main.com> wrote:
> >I would like to see
> > what would happen if I
> > were to steep the actual rose petals in the cream
> > sometime.
>
> It seems that steeping the rose pteals in the cream
> prior to making the butter would impart more rose
> flavor.  The cream, as it congeals, would tend to
> encapsulate the rose oil more readily than if you
> simply added rose water to ready-made butter.  Or I'm
> wrong :)

I thought I understood that you add the rosewater to cream, and the beat
the cream into butter. Adding it to already made butter wouldn't work,
I'd think.

I still remember the time I accidentally made butter, as a kid. It
didn't work on the berries as well ;-) but made interesting toast. I
must have been about 11. (Oh god- 25 years ago! ACK!)

'Lainie