SC - medieval dutch food

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Tue Feb 27 14:45:37 PST 2001

- --MS_Mac_OE_3066140737_4117593_MIME_Part

on 2/27/01 10:48 AM, Anne-Marie Rousseau at acrouss at gte.net wrote:

hey all from Anne-Marie
hooray! I'm wrong!
as always, Dr G comes through :)

now, who can read dutch??!!!!

- --AM, who works with Dutch grad students, but rather doubts they have the
time to translate anything for her!

At 11:11 AM 2/27/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Here is a section on Dutch cookbooks, food, wine...
>Thomas, who will be off for some days
>
>A-DUTCH || Old Dutch cookbooks and cookery: Sources and studies
<snippage>

I can.  I can speak it slowly as well...it's been 23 years since I lived in
Holland, but I still practice. My youngest sister retained the most Dutch
since my family came back to the states.  Unlike the rest of us, Dutch was
more of her first language than English, as she was put into school in
Nieukoop while she was 3-4 years old.  We jokingly think that she still
thinks translates what is said to her into Dutch, and her response back into
English before responding.

- --

Yours,

Grey Randall/Lord Boroghul Khara
"Milla nummi pro capite hominis nothum inconsiderati qui ultimam poculum
potus capit neque novam ollam fabricatur!"

- --MS_Mac_OE_3066140737_4117593_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: SC - medieval dutch food</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
on 2/27/01 10:48 AM, Anne-Marie Rousseau at acrouss at gte.net wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><TT>hey all from Anne-Marie<BR>
hooray! I'm wrong!<BR>
as always, Dr G comes through :)<BR>
<BR>
now, who can read dutch??!!!!<BR>
<BR>
- --AM, who works with Dutch grad students, but rather doubts they have the<B=

time to translate anything for her!<BR>
<BR>
At 11:11 AM 2/27/01 +0100, you wrote:<BR>
>Here is a section on Dutch cookbooks, food, wine...<BR>
>Thomas, who will be off for some days<BR>
><BR>
>A-DUTCH || Old Dutch cookbooks and cookery: Sources and studies <BR>
<snippage><BR>
<BR>
</TT></BLOCKQUOTE><TT><BR>
</TT>I can.  I can speak it slowly as well...it's been 23 years since =
I lived in Holland, but I still practice. My youngest sister retained the mo=
st Dutch since my family came back to the states.  Unlike the rest of u=
s, Dutch was more of her first language than English, as she was put into sc=
hool in Nieukoop while she was 3-4 years old.  We jokingly think that s=
he still thinks translates what is said to her into Dutch, and her response =
back into English before responding.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
- -- <BR>
<BR>
Yours,<BR>
<BR>
Grey Randall/Lord Boroghul Khara<BR>
"Milla nummi pro capite hominis nothum inconsiderati qui ultimam pocul=
um potus capit neque novam ollam fabricatur!"<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

- --MS_Mac_OE_3066140737_4117593_MIME_Part--