SC - Brawn Question

Bethany Public Library betpulib at ptdprolog.net
Thu Feb 1 08:12:18 PST 2001

I've made this for feasts, and please take my advice: Use pan release for
your molds. It sticks dreadfully. And garnish, garnish, garnish. It look a
bit dull on the plate. I used chives and chive flowers. And I told people it
was pork in aspic. It made them feel better about what they were eating.
"Head cheese" didn't do it justice. But it's yummy with oatcakes. It's yummy
on it's own, too.

I've runa cross everal varying descriptions of Brawn, btw, from roasts, cut
roasts (broke brawn) to the above dish. I've come to feel the word (Brawn,
Braun, etc.) means simply meat, esp. pork in earlier times.

Aoife

Subject: Re: SC - Brawn Question