Skinny Cooks (was Re: Re: SC - Re: coronation menu (long))

Marcus Antaya mjantaya at home.com
Thu Feb 1 08:41:32 PST 2001

Just as a case in fact, the etymology of the phrase "never trust a skinny
cook" comes from the fact that as we all know, the only way to test if
something is ready/spiced right is to taste it.

A cook, medieval particularily, having to cook all day for three meals did a
whole lot of tasting, almost to the point of constantly eating, hence the
wieght gain.

A skinny cook, following the same logic, never tasted the food and therefore
it went out as it was done. Probably needing spices, or too spiced, or
whatever. Never mind individual metabolisms, etc.

Just thought I'd steer this in a different direction.

Gyric