SC - low carb diets

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 08:55:46 PST 2001

I've found that a low carb diet works better for me,
because i can
satisfy my fat tooth, and i don't miss sweets. After
the first two
weeks i can even eat a square of extra bittersweet
chocolate a couple
times a week without messing up the diet. What i miss
on that sort of
diet is fresh fruit.

Something to watch out for with these diets is that
you give yourself a break off of them every few weeks.
Most of them recommend that you only do them for 2-3
weeks at a time. They can cause organ damage if you do
them too long because they throw your body into
Ketosis. That is why you lose so much weight even with
all the calories you comsume. I'm not saying they
cause liver (and other organs) damage to everyone, but
it can happen and is something to be careful of.
nisha
(who has a considerable amount of weight to lose
herself, and has made a decent start. 40 pounds down,
and about 60-70 to go)