SC - Storebought kraut - OOP

Hupman, Laurie LHupman at kenyon.com
Fri Feb 2 09:37:59 PST 2001

Not butter and onion, but I got the following from my German mother-in-law.
This is the only way my husband will eat saurkraut (me, I'll eat it any way
I can get it!):

Drain and rinse 1 jar of saurkraut, and throw it into a crock pot.  Add 1
pound of kielbasa, chopped into chunks, 1 apple, cored and diced but not
peeled, 1/4 cup of water and about 1 tbsb. of sugar.  Cook on high for 4-6
hours, then reduce heat to low and let it go for about a day.

This, with a loaf of sourdough bread, is a winter staple around our place.

Rose