SC - Period spices in Berkeley?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 5 10:18:51 PST 2001

Ilia asked:
>Someone mentioned a spice store in Berkeley that carries some period spices.
>
>I cant remember the name of the store or the location. Could someone
>post it again, please?

Well, i found many good quality and reasonably priced spices at the
Whole Foods Market on Telegraph and Ashby - and cubeb, grains of
paradise, galangal, spikenard, and some others at Lhasa Karnak - one
shop in the hard to park area near UC-Berkeley on Telegraph Ave a few
doors south of Dwight - and a second shop on Shattuck Ave in a
slightly easier to park area several blocks north of University.

Anahita