SC - OT: Web copyright/Juno

margali margali at 99main.com
Tue Feb 6 11:24:22 PST 2001

I agree!

I love my firewall, and my anti virus protections, and my privacy
[sprechen -zie annonymizing techniques?] for when I want something to be
fairly private!

Heck, my normal ISP refuses to sell their sub list, and I have been in
their office when they got requests for the sub list. Their response was
pure hillarity itself ;-) [I know the owners of my ISP fairly well, they
are neighbors] I have also found that the personal service from a local
ISP is wonderful, they tend to know your account info and can be
incredibly helpful when it comes to firewalls, virus protection and
privacy help. They turned me on to firewalls a couple of years ago when
there were some 'mad bomber' wannabes that would do rude things to you
from afar [they were hanging out on mIRC] and other than the first
attack, I never had any further problems at all!
margali
[and I too can recommend Zonealert as well.]
margali

- --

MarilynTraber at FictionForest.com
HTTP://WWW.FictionForest.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here:
Excuse me? They want to unlimited access to your machine? I don't know
what's more annoying, the notion that you're supposed to leave your
system
wide open for them (or anyone else wandering by) to examine at their
leisure, or that they're planning to make money off of your CPU
capacity, or
that anything they convey through their system becomes their property.
Any
way you look at it, having a free ISP doesn't sound all that free to me!