SC - Torta de melones

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 6 17:50:08 PST 2001

And it came to pass on 6 Feb 01, , that Vincent Cuenca wrote:

> Do I count as "The usual suspects"?  :)

::snort::  I think I saw your picture in the post office.

Thank you for taking the time to translate this.  I do wonder,
though, isn't there someone (even a couple of someones?) out
there who would like to try their hand at translating?  It's not that
hard.  Really.  We're talking almost-modern Spanish, simple
language, limited vocabulary.  This is not "Don Quijote", folks.

I think I will throw a recipe onto the list, in the hopes that someone
will tackle it.

> Melon Torte
[snip]
> Mind you, this is a quick and dirty translation.  I'm totally faking
> "cuchara de contino"; could also be "stir continuously with a spoon".

I think it is.  The RAE dictionary says that "contino" is the same as
"continuo".

> Sounds yummy, though.  Maybe I'll try this for Queen's Prize next year!  :)

Go for it!

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann