SC -veal longings

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 7 13:55:51 PST 2001

>On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Decker, Terry D. wrote:
> > How about buffalo?  Eat more buffalo, help restore the tallgrass prairie
>by
> > making buffalo raising economically viable.

My kid's dad is friends with the folks in South Dakota who own the buffalo
heard they used in Dances With Wolves.  They said it took explosives to get
them moving for the stampeed scene and before they could get them stopped
the herd took out three fences.  That's quite a bit of acerage since many of
the ranches up there are in the several hundred to many thousand acres.
Seems like buffalo don't roam so far from home unless the food is scarce.
But they sure are yummy!
Olwen