SC - Asparagus smell

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Feb 8 13:23:38 PST 2001

> Does this also apply to perfume?  Some folks put sooo much on it makes your
> eyes water, but they don't seem to smell it.  I thought that if they would
> simply rotate application of perfume to differnt locations of the body or
> clothing that the wearer could smell it and so use a more moderate amount.
> Olwen

Actually, it may have to do with the keenness of their sense of smell,
combined with 'olfactory fatigue'-- in other words, after they've been
smelling it for a while, they won't smell it hardly at all.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Our kingdom is a garden and such gardens are not made/By singing "Oh how
beautiful!" and sitting in the shade..." --Kipling, "Glory of the Garden"