SC - Hello from the Shire of Ar n-Eilean-n

Jennifer Myers x95jm at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Fri Feb 9 09:24:19 PST 2001

Greeting fellow cooker folk! and a few questions about jelly.

I'm new to the list and relatively new to the SCA. I've spent the last few
years travelling Europe and finally settled in Newfoundland, where at last
I'm living somewhere long enough to join the SCA.
My primary interest is in medieval cooking, brewing and rough costume
making-that is, primitive style fur and leather work(just starting on
that).
I've been cooking gourmet most of my life, and have cooked dishes from
around the world, at least 50 countries. Wild game, unusual meats and
fishes are my favorites. I've always wanted to cook
international period dishes and have only tried a handful so far.
anyhow enough intro!
I've been amazed at the wealth of recipes found on SCAers sites.

There's going to be a Royal Progress event here, Queen Isabella of the
Eastern Kingdom is visiting our Shire.
I'm going to attempt to make a fancy decorated Jelly, of fish and was
wondering
if anyone has tried this. I can get some edible gold leaf and do I put it
on afterwards, or in the mold? and do you grease the jelly pan ( a
roaster) to help get it out. one more question, can you use too much
gelatin, will it get brittle?
any tips will help! I am going to do some practise jellies first.

Thanks:)
Wisegarda ( a wandering visigoth)

ps anyone with info on Visigoth women please email me