SC - Speaking of Almond butter....

WyteRayven at aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Fri Feb 9 09:38:32 PST 2001

Speaking of Almond butter, I am also thinking of trying another recipe.

I dont have the recipe right at hand, but it is essentially grinding almonds with water, then straining the almonds out and letting the water till the "cream" forms on top, then churning the cream into butter.

I am wondering about this cream. Is it from the oil of the almonds?

Also, I believe the recipe calls for a pound of almonds, but doesnt give a quantity of water. Any one have an idea of how much water I should use?

Thanks,

Ilia