SC - Feast at University

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 13:28:35 PST 2001

As I have been wading through the email I came across some entitled feast
hall lighting.  It put me in mind of the feast hall at Atlantian University.

The great care taken to every detail of the feast hall was most impressive.
I must say, I have not seen this level of detail in any other feast hall I
have been in.  The tables were arranged in rows and draped with white
tablecloths.  There were gold painted leaves and pinecones and such placed
along the tables.  Adorning the walls were wreaths made up of the golden
foliage and twigs and ribbons.  There were sweet blue and white planters
with blooming crocus in them placed among the gold foliage and lighted
candles.  There were lots and lots of small lighted candles all crimson.
The High table was adorned with candles, gold painted leaves and foliage
with a golden stag leaping among.

There were platters of bread and something with shrimp lying along the
tables as a first course or appetizer.  Servers came out of the kitchen with
bowls or trays and water was offered at least twice.  The cooks were rousted
out of the kitchen so the feasters could give salute.  During the feast a
harper played and sang and a storyteller gave entertainment as well.  After
the feast the dancemaster gave lead to many couples on the dancefloor.

Well done.
Olwen