SC - gnocchi

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Feb 18 23:36:46 PST 2001

Gwynydd suggested to me:
> From: Stefan li Rous
> > We have talked about gnocchi before. I'm still not sure how to categorize
> > or describe what gnocchi is and what it is not, so there is no file in
> > the Florilegium specifically on gnocchi.
>
> I would have thought that it could go under the basic category of 'pasta'.
> Certainly that is where I would have put it.  However, I assume that this
> has been suggested and knocked down numerous times!

Yes, there is already a pasta-msg file, but it is already 92K and I'm
probably going to have to split something off of it pretty soon, anyeay.

There is a dumplings-msg file and maybe that is where the gnocchi
messages should go. That file is still fairly small. Of course, if
I see enough useful info, then there might someday be a gnocchi-msg
file. :-)

No, I don't think I've heard many suggestions on this, which I
certainly welcome. Not only am I concerned about putting information
in the 'correct' file, but I also need to take into consideration where
both the expert and non-expert cooks would expect things to be.

I will admit that it was a bit easier when there was just one file
for food in my files, food-msg. :-) As the number of files goes up,
the more difficult it sometimes becomes to determine which is the
'best' file to put something in.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net