SC - OT: Eating the Script Girl

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Wed Feb 21 14:54:15 PST 2001

Lars asked,

>>So, how did you manage to wreck his flowerbeds????

Years ago, my friend Amy and I rented a car to tour California, both of us
being east coast types.  We stayed the first night with her aunt who lived
across the street from Mr. Price.  This was a typical hillside street where
"across" was uphill as well.  We pulled our rental car up in the driveway
and went inside.

About five minutes later there was a knock on the door and her aunt, whose
hands were in dinner, asked me to answer it.  I opened the door and there
was Vincent Price, who had come over to ask if the car he'd just found in
his front yard was, by any chance, ours.  Turns out the parking brake wasn't
up to the slope of the driveway...