SC - Soup figuring?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Feb 22 07:18:43 PST 2001

I still think that you may be going 'way overboard with 100# of chicken.  I
usually calculate about 1/3 - 1/4 pounds of chicken per person, even when it's the
meat by itself...unless I'm serving something like chicken thighs, which have a
higher percentage of bone to the amount of meat.  Even there, 1/2 pound would be
more than sufficient.  I do hope you plan to use split breasts and thighs for your
soup as you will get more meat per pound of chicken than if you use a whole
chicken, where there is a LOT of waste.

Kiri