SC - Re: Egg Yolks

Roberta Bromley r_bromley at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 10:03:12 PST 2001

>From: "Barbara Sall" <socha at epix.net>
>To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: SC - Re: Egg Yolks
>Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:45:53 -0500
>
>I read the e-mail about freezing egg yolks and a question comes to my mind.
>Since we can freeze egg yolks and defrost them, is it possible to freeze
>egg
>whites?  I know there are several recipes that call for a lot of egg yolks,
>but no egg whites.
>Kirsten of Blak Rose

My sources say to decide what you are going to do with the egg yolks once
you defrost them and whisk them up with either salt or sugar to retain the
correct consistancy once defrosted.Egg whites defrost just fine with nothing
added.Just make sure you defrost them in the refrigerator, since high
protein foods become contaminated easily.I always use more egg yolks than
egg whites, so I make an angel food cake occasionally.

Roberta Bromley