SC - Mongolian Cookbook... Period?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Feb 23 11:14:19 PST 2001

- --------------B1A420F45FCB523631DAA6EE

I just went back and re-read this string.  I wonder if it (the modern
Mongol cook book) might be helpful in interpreting some of the recipes
from "A Soup for the Qan"?  Lord Boroghul, what do you think?

Kiri

Lord Boroghul Khara wrote:

> Anahita uge-ber:
>

>      Just got this in a message from Jessica's Biscuit, cookbook
>      vendors
>      http://www.ecookbooks.com
>
>      This is not an endorsement, since i have not seen the
>      book... just
>      wondered if anyone knew anything about it... May just be
>      another of
>      those ethnic cookbooks that claims ancient heritage without
>      any
>      actual really old recipes...
>
>      Anahita
>
>      -----
>

> I think it may be the latter. I've been trying to find period
> Mongolian recipes for a long time now.  I've got quite a few dishes
> squirreled away in various corners in my tiny room The only dish I
> have mention of in a period text is the buttered tea. Even the
> Khorkhog, one of my favorite things to make at camping events, is only
> listed in my documentation as a traditional Mongolian festival dish,
> but provides no dates. Since the technique is so simple, I make a leap
> of faith and assume it was done in period.
>
> I've just recently started an information exchange with a Mongolian
> university student, and will share what I get out of it to everyone
> else interested in period Mongolian cooking.

- --------------B1A420F45FCB523631DAA6EE

I just went back and re-read this string.  I wonder if it (the modern
Mongol cook book) might be helpful in interpreting some of the recipes
from "A Soup for the Qan"?  Lord Boroghul, what do you think?
vendors</tt>
of</tt>
<tt>I think it may be the latter. I've been trying to find period Mongolian
recipes for a long time now.  I've got quite a few dishes squirreled
away in various corners in my tiny room The only dish I have mention of
in a period text is the buttered tea. Even the Khorkhog, one of my favorite
things to make at camping events, is only listed in my documentation as
a traditional Mongolian festival dish, but provides no dates. Since the
technique is so simple, I make a leap of faith and assume it was done in
period.</tt>
university student, and will share what I get out of it to everyone else
interested in period Mongolian cooking.</tt></blockquote>

- --------------B1A420F45FCB523631DAA6EE--