non-member submission - Re: SC - Mongolian Cookbook... Period?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 12:02:09 PST 2001

It should prove useful.  From what I have seen in my research on period =
Mongolian customs and culture, they're sort of "If it ain't broke, don't =
fix it" (e.g. the ger design hasn't really changed much since the days =
before Temujin became Ghenghis Khan, that sort of thing) kind of folk. =
Again, I'm making a leap of faith here and assuming that they applied =
this to their cooking methods as well.  I'll need to get copies of both =
(Yes, this has been a very tough year for me, I haven't had much of a =
chance to do much cookbook shopping.   The good news, however, is that =
once again, I am employed as Contractor Scum, and I will *not* be moving =
to Ansteorra, in fact I'm staying in Atlantia and in Strovik) books to =
be sure. As soon as I get my hands on both, I'll see how they compare to =
the 4 "Mongolian" recipes in Martin Yan's "Culinary Journey Through =
China".   I'll also check with Dame Aislynn. One of her coworkers used =
to prepare Mongolian dishes from time to time, I'll see if she still can =
put me in touch with him to see what he knows.

Boroghul.
=20
Kiri uge-ber:
  ----- Original Message -----=20