SC - Re: Egg Yolks

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Fri Feb 23 19:39:30 PST 2001

I've frozen the egg whites, without trouble.  I wasn't sure if the
yolks--frozen--had to be broken and mixed, as in scrambled eggs, or
whether they'd keep from breaking open so you could keep them whole.

Actually, I'd like to freeze whole eggs.  The shells might break, though.
 What if I broke open the eggs and put each one--yolk and white
together--into a large ice cube tray section?  Might work for baking,
etc., but how do people think it would work for fried or poached?

My supermarket eggs are definately NOT free-range, Maggie.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com