SC - Arguing with the Crown

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Mon Feb 26 11:39:43 PST 2001

    And sometimes, it's a matter of feeling that as Crowns, they have to DO
something about a situation. In all too many cases, it's without checking to
make sure that what the situation is what it's presented as being. I've
watched over and over as Crowns are led about by the nose by their
'friends'. Over the years, I've seen a great many people bushwacked because
of a secret whispering campaign conducted by those who have gained access to
the Royal Ear.
    There's a tendency for the populace to assume that a Crown is a)
omniscient, b) omnipotent, and c) omibenevolent. In fact, a King gets to be
King simply because he can beat the crap out of everybody else on a given
day, and a Queen gets to be Queen because he chose her to be his consort.
For better or ill, God help the poor SoB who chooses, well, poorly . . . I
remember one King who kept his testes in a cup next to the Queen's bed, and
only got them back when they stepped down. Of course, by then, they had
atrophied due to lack of use, but I suppose you'll have that. Any personal
failing or repressed urges are allowed total free reign once the Crown is
set upon the brow, the repercussions notwithstanding. Why do they do what
they do? Because they can, and there's nothing you, I, or the Pope can do
about it.
    The BoD, which is supposed to act as a check on possible excesses, is so
ossified and unwilling to actually find out what is going on that they may
as well be living in the Land of the Lotus Eaters. It's always a sad thing
to watch people of worth and integrity being reduced to mere bureaucrats.
Dante overlooked an entire Bolgia, here, or perhaps it's that the soulless
paper shufflers just weren't worthy enough to rate a place in hell, and were
to be cast out into the places where good and evil just don't matter, as
long as the proper forms were filed out.

    Sieggy