SC - Arguing with the Crown

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Feb 26 16:01:26 PST 2001

- --============_-1228882480==_ma============

Kiri writes:

>No problem.  I only wish that your philosophy could be instituted as "required
>reading" for incipient Crowns...or anyone contemplating fighting for Crown.

Two Voices

There is nothing above the King,
No power to speak him nay;
This is the hour of anything,
The dawn of my golden day.

This is the law behind the king:
Greater power, greater bond.
Who might order anything
Must bend to the breeze like a willow wand.

There is nothing written above my throne.
No strength can cast me down.
The kingdom and power are mine alone
By the sword that won my crown.

This is the law behind the king:
In feast or famine, in peace or war,
He is not master of anything,
The poorest peasant is richer far.

The knights with their shining swords;
By right of might they are mine.
The people, their beasts and their lords;
Ghost be gone with thy riddle rhyme.

Son be done with thy foolish words;
No man may rule my land,
No man can master a hundred swords
Whatever the strength of his hand.

Rule for power and pride
Alone in an empty hall;
Serve or step aside
The King is a servant or nothing at all.
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/
- --============_-1228882480==_ma============

 --></style><title>Re: SC - Arguing with the
philosophy could be instituted as "required</blockquote>
anyone contemplating fighting for Crown.</blockquote>
</b>There is nothing above the King,<br>
No power to speak him nay;<br>
This is the hour of anything,<br>
The dawn of my golden day.<br>
<i>This is the law behind the king:<br>
Greater power, greater bond.<br>
Who might order anything<br>
Must bend to the breeze like a willow wand.<br>
</i>There is nothing written above my throne.<br>
No strength can cast me down.<br>
The kingdom and power are mine alone<br>
By the sword that won my crown.<br>
<i>This is the law behind the king:<br>
In feast or famine, in peace or war,<br>
He is not master of anything,<br>
The poorest peasant is richer far.<br>
</i>The knights with their shining swords;<br>
By right of might they are mine.<br>
The people, their beasts and their lords;<br>
Ghost be gone with thy riddle rhyme.<br>
<i>Son be done with thy foolish words;<br>
No man may rule my land,<br>
No man can master a hundred swords<br>
Whatever the strength of his hand.<br>
Rule for power and pride<br>