SC - medieval dutch food

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Tue Feb 27 14:41:53 PST 2001

- --MS_Mac_OE_3066140513_4104113_MIME_Part

on 2/27/01 2:35 PM, david friedman at ddfr at best.com wrote:

There is an early Dutch cookbook, I think either sixteenth or
seventeenth century; it's been published (in Dutch) as "Het Eerste
Nederlandsche Gedrukte Kookboek." I have a photocopy, and I vaguely
remember that one of the European SCA people, possibly Dutch, was
working with it.

Though I no longer speak Dutch on a regular basis, I still read it..I have a
few books in Dutch from when I lived in Holland with my family....(Drie en
twentig jaaren geleden....) Thanks for the information!!!  Now that I'm
employed once again, my cookbook shelf is letting me know in no uncertain
terms that I have been neglecting it! Time to fire up Bibliofind!!

- --

Yours,

Grey Randall/Lord Boroghul Khara
"Milla nummi pro capite hominis nothum inconsiderati qui ultimam poculum
potus capit neque novam ollam fabricatur!"

- --MS_Mac_OE_3066140513_4104113_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: SC - medieval dutch food</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
on 2/27/01 2:35 PM, david friedman at ddfr at best.com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><TT>There is an early Dutch cookbook, I think either sixteenth =
or <BR>
seventeenth century; it's been published (in Dutch) as "Het Eerste <BR=

Nederlandsche Gedrukte Kookboek." I have a photocopy, and I vaguely <B=

remember that one of the European SCA people, possibly Dutch, was <BR>
working with it.<BR>
<BR>
</TT></BLOCKQUOTE><TT>Though I no longer speak Dutch on a regular basis, I =
still read it..I have a few books in Dutch from when I lived in Holland with=
 my family....(Drie en twentig jaaren geleden....) Thanks for the informatio=
n!!!  Now that I'm employed once again, my cookbook shelf is letting me=
 know in no uncertain terms that I have been neglecting it! Time to fire up =
Bibliofind!!<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</TT><FONT SIZE=3D"1">-- <BR>
<BR>
Yours,<BR>
<BR>
Grey Randall/Lord Boroghul Khara<BR>
"Milla nummi pro capite hominis nothum inconsiderati qui ultimam pocul=
um potus capit neque novam ollam fabricatur!"<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

- --MS_Mac_OE_3066140513_4104113_MIME_Part--