SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2939 - pot cheese

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Thu Feb 1 10:38:35 PST 2001

Gee, Lord Stefan, I hardly know what to say.  Pot cheese is pot cheese.  You find it in the appetizing store right next to the farmer cheese, and....

The dictionary says that it's cottage cheese, and gives as synonyms "Dutch cheese...smearcase..." but it's not really cottage cheese. More like an uncreamed cottage cheese, with slightly larger curds.  It's also similar to farmer cheese, but farmer cheese is curds lightly pressed together, rather than loosely filling a cup.

We always selected pot cheese for blini filling, too. Mix it with challah crumbs, raisins, sugar, cinnamon...

Devra the Baker