SC - Per head budgets

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Feb 2 10:29:13 PST 2001

 I think part of the problem may simply be that a lot of people never
learned to carve
> and serve properly in the first place, and that this may be compounded
by
> big sleeves, ruffs, etc.

> Adamantius

Or perhaps the lack of proper carving equipment at the feast table?  I
can't tell you how many times I have had to carve half of the hall's
whole chickens served to the tables, and no one in sight has a decent
knife to carve a bird with.  I don't ususally carry a chef's knife with
me in my feastgear basket, either, and usually end up carving with a
less-than-optimal tool.  (Skill makes up for a lot, though ;)  I don't
care for that type of service, unless you have trained servers with
proper serving tools to take care of it tableside, something I've only
seen done once at an SCA feast.
Christianna