SC - alcohol revisited

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 14:01:25 PST 2001

- --- lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> The solution is to make sure that there is an
> ACCURATE list of
> ingredients posted in a prominent place in the hall
> - or placed on
> every table - so diners can verify that the foods
> served will not
> injure them.

Yeah.  okay.  I'm assuming that most feastgoers are
adults, and have probably lived their entire lives (or
a good portion of them) WITH these allergies.  They
obviously haven't died yet, in spite of the fact that
no restaurant, fast food joint, or school cafeteria
posts ingredient lists on the walls or placemats or
anywhere else...

I guess that what I am trying to say (or type) is that
these people have SOMEHOW managed to avoid these
certain foods WITHOUT all of the additional
precautions we seem to demand from an SCA cook, so why
does it now become imperative that they be informed
much more than they would be at a local restaurant?

They can obviously look out for themselves, or they
wouldn't be at the table anyway.  And if they can't,
then eternal shame upon them.

Balthazar of Blackmoor