SC - OT: Web copyright -- can Earthlink use my material?

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Sat Feb 3 19:53:09 PST 2001

- --part1_7a.100f18f2.27ae2c25_boundary

In a message dated 2/3/01 7:28:04 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
rcmann4 at earthlink.net writes:

> Does this mean that they could, say, publish a recipe booklet and leave
> my name off it?  Or that they could legally object to my publishing it
> elsewhere?

I would not think so, although it appears that what it does do is grant them
permission for useage with attribution. Its hard to say though, because, a
lot of ISPs are now doing things like stating that they have the right to
info that normally you wouldn't think they could touch. Juno's privacy
statement is very invasive to the person. They have right to supply your
marketing info to *anyone* and you have no say in it because you chose their
service voluntairly. I just about had a coronary when I read that.

It appears that ever since the web copyright for intellectual properties has
been retuned, that ISP's are avoiding the situation of copyright violation by
adapting their privacy statments like this. Wave of the future?

Lars

- --part1_7a.100f18f2.27ae2c25_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  COLOR="#800080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Collage" LANG="0">In a message dated 2/3/01 7:28:04 PM US Mountain Standard Time,