SC - alcohol revisited

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 3 21:08:56 PST 2001

in a word (or two, really).  Risk Management.  If litigation comes into your life in this litigious society in which we play our game, your side will have plausible deniability of liability since you had taken 'reasonable precaution' to prevent harm.  On a personal note, you also have a solid ground when you gather blame for another's illness for some reason . .. you tried reasonably to prevent it, and the diner goofed.

All implication of duty and courtesy aside, it is a darned simple efort to provide a little accurate information to give the adults an informaed choice on what to eat.  then, caveat emptor.

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
<<<<  Good Balthazar, the eternally curious queried:

I guess that what I am trying to say (or type) is that
these people have SOMEHOW managed to avoid these
certain foods WITHOUT all of the additional
precautions we seem to demand from an SCA cook, so why
does it now become imperative that they be informed
much more than they would be at a local restaurant?>>>>>