SC - Why people should use Email...

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 5 13:51:10 PST 2001

>Also being new to this list, but not to other lists, I did not know that if
>you
>put private in the subject line, it only went to that person.
>
>I may have taken it in the wrong way but I took it as an attack on Lady
>Bonne,
>and myself, because don't you know EVERYONE knows.

Thank you, sir, for wanting to defend me.  However,  it was a joke
reflecting that many people add PRIVATE to their subject line and then
forget to change the address from group to individual, while I had used the
phrase OFF LIST before making the mistake.

People around here toss in one-liners without necc. including smiley faces
or <g> or <grin> or any of those indicators, so if in doubt, assume it is a
joke.   When on topic, a number of people will respond rather tersely, this
is simply a matter of not wasting time or space in composing their post.
Either one can appear to be aggressive, but they very rately are.  If in
doubt, please assume goodwill on the part of the poster.

There is a digest version, the how-to details should have come in that intro
message.  Or Papa will tell you as soon as he sees your post.

So, anyway, welcome.  Have you posted an introduction that I haven't found
yet?   I'm not new, but I figure once in a while a re-introduction is in
order:

I'm Lady Bonne de Traquair, originally from Atlantia, but now of Gyldenholt,
Caid.   I found SCA about 4 years ago, and immediately got myself involved
in cooking as that had always been a big interest.  I've done two smallish
feasts and a lunch for events, both the feasts have articles at
www.florilegium.org, look under the feasts and foods by region subjects. I
have no arts awards for cooking, but had received a baronial service award
back home for my bad habit of spending every event  in the kitchen helping
out.   In regular life, I'm a mom of two teenage girls, wife to a newly
hired professor at UC-Irvine and feeder of the cat.  I am beginning to look
for a job in the new location, as well as looking out for how to get funding
to send myself back to school to complete my bachelor's degree.

Bonne