SC - vegetarian definition

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 09:33:28 PST 2001

"What you were looking for was a 'Vegan" egg roll, I'd
imagine."

Vegan is one type of vegetarian.
 Vegans take it to an extreme. They dont eat honey or
use leather. Not just meat or meat by products.
Nothing that was made by an animal at all.
Ovo-lacto vegetarians are the ones who eat dairy and
eggs.
VEGETARIAN  means you dont eat meat or meat by
products.
 IF they eat seafood then they aren't vegetarian all
the time. If you want more clarification check out the
vegetarian times website @
http://www.vegetariantimes.com
They have a very good section on definitions and what
vegetaianism is.
You are right about the veal being a by product of the
milk industry. It's two sides of the same coin.  They
have to keep those cows pregnant so they'll make more
milk.

Nisha

 That means no meat at all (not even broth).
Most vegetarians willingly eat fish or shrimp, eggs,
and dairy...  Vegans do not eat meat or meat
byproducts.

This reminds me of the chit-chat I had with a friend
of mine, who detested the "cruelty and inhumanity" of
the "Veal Industry"...all the while slugging down an
ice cold glass of milk.  I didn't have the heart to
tell her that Veal was actually a byproduct of the
Dairy industry, and not the Beef industry.